- Schizophrenia: patients usually have less brain tissue
- Major Depression: scans show less brain activity in depressed brain
- Alzheimer’s: brain tissue significantly shrinks, hippocampus is usually the first region to go
- ADHD: less brain activity in the frontal cortex (area associated with decision making)
- OCD: high brain activity
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): hippocampal volume reduction (area involved in memory) and increased activation of the amygdala (area involved in emotional responses)
This is so important! I usually don’t reblog posts but people need to understand that mental illnesses are NO CHOICE! You cannot get over it, or snap with your fingers and just be okay again. It takes constant fixing and a lot of strength to get out of this.
So to everyone who judges people with mental disorders: people don’t get a choice to develop a disorder or not, but being stupid and telling them to get over it is a choice.
PLEASE DONT JUDGE THINGS UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND!
This is a must reblog
Cake cake cake
Really self explanatory. This guy snapped
*****DO NOT SCROLL PAST THIS!*****…..omg…
Omfg. Omfg. Watch this. Watch this.
Respect the gift
Tupac died at 25. If Malcolm X died at 25 he would have been a street hustler named Detroit Red. If Martin Luther King died at 25 he would’ve been known as a local baptist preacher. And if I had died at 25 I would’ve been known as a struggling musician. Only a sliver of my life’s potential.
Quincy Jones (via sunflobrwn)
Notorious B.I.G. 24
Jimi Hendrix 27.
J Dilla 32.
Bill Hicks 32.
Bob Marley 36.
So many greats, so young(via real-hiphophead)
Deion Sanders had the speed of a sprinter, hands of a receiver and relentlessness of a defender! Nasty one-handed catch!
omg I was expecting it to do something scary and then
reblogged this last year, and have to do it again just because its halloween!
Page 1 of 40